Monday 21 March 2011

20

Today (March 21st) is many things. It is World Poetry Day, it is International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and it is also World Down Syndrome Day. But as well as all these days, it is also my birthday. Today I turn 20, which means I am no longer a teenager and should probably start acting like an adult. But that sounds boring so I made a Match.com profile for my friend Dik without his knowledge. I'm not sure how to break it to him. I may just post these pictures on Facebook and tell him that way.








Also, my friend Steph (http://www.spethaniesays.blogspot.com), wrote a Haiku for my birthday.
happy birthday craig b
now you are twenty you are
closer to the grave.

you are getting old;
a fifth of a century is
how old you are now.

life ends at twenty
it's all downhill from here, and you
aren't getting younger

it's down's syndrome day
is it a coincidence that
it's your birthday too

No comments:

Post a Comment