Tuesday 30 November 2010

Don't call me Shirley!

    So on Sunday we lost a truly great and funny man. I am of course referring to Leslie Nielsen. Star of Airplane! and The Naked Gun Trilogy. I remember watching those films a kid and just wishing that I could one day grow up to be as funny as him. Fair enough he did also star in some fairly dreadful films (Scary Movie 4, Superhero Movie,) but then again what actor hasn't had their share of flops? As for me he has immortalised himself in the world of comedy acting as Lt Frank Drebin, and I shall be spending tonight rooting through my DVD collection and digging out my Naked Gun box set and weeping over the loss of a funny funny man as I'm actually a big softy inside. Having said to many people over the past 2 days "Leslie Nielsen died!" and their response is always "I know!!!" followed by sticking out their lower lip in a upset puppy dog way. He shall be missed. Leslie Nielsen, keep on living... and don't call me Shirley!
     In other news my dad just entered the room, gave me a pair of his gloves and came out with "I'll let you have them for a quid since they're second hand!" followed by a cocky self laugh. I could actually feel the god's of humour cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment